According to addiction treatment experts, millions of American adults struggle with an alcohol addiction. Because the media portrays alcohol use, even heavy alcohol use as normal, expected, or as a rite of passage, many people do not understand that it represents a major problem to people of all ages. Those who struggle with an alcohol addiction may suffer from a range of mental and physical health problems due to the overuse of alcohol. Therefore, if you suspect that you or a loved one is struggling with alcohol addiction, it is always best to seek treatment at an alcohol addiction treatment center.
At Bonfire Behavioral Health, we want to help you overcome your addiction. With the help of our alcohol addiction treatment program, you can put your addiction in the past and move into the future with confidence. Call Bonfire Behavioral Health today at 603.617.4815 to learn more about our treatment programs.
Do You Need an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program?
Because alcohol is a widely accepted and available substance, it can be challenging to determine whether you need an alcohol addiction treatment program. However, experts in addiction treatment have provided a range of criteria that could indicate that a person is battling an addiction. For instance, the criteria for an addiction to alcohol include:
- You commonly spend significant amounts of your time obtaining alcohol, drinking alcohol, and/or thinking about alcohol.
- You’ve experienced adverse physical and mental effects due to your drinking, but you continue to drink despite these effects.
- You experience alcohol withdrawal symptoms when you do not drink.
- Your alcohol use has led to or contributed to dangerous situations, such as drunk driving.
- You’re unable to fulfill critical responsibilities at work or at home due to your alcohol use.
- You’ve engaged in risky behaviors, such as unprotected sex, due to your alcohol use.
- You’ve decided not to attend social or professional activities due to your alcohol use.
If you have experienced one or more of these criteria, it may be time to reach out to a substance abuse treatment program for assistance. When you reach out to Bonfire Behavioral Health, you’ll find treatment and individualized care for every patient in our program.
What Should I Expect from an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program?
When you contact the experts at Bonfire Behavioral health, our specialists will perform a routine assessment of your needs and history. Based on that assessment, our team will design a unique treatment plan for you to go through during treatment.
When you decide to enter an alcohol addiction treatment program, it will require you to stop drinking alcohol. As a result, you may experience alcohol withdrawal symptoms, which may include:
- Increase heart rate
- Nausea and vomiting
There is no way to determine how severe your withdrawal symptoms will be because each person’s experiences are different. However, you can rest assured knowing that our clinicians will supervise your withdrawal and help you overcome your symptoms. During this period, we’ll also work with you to determine what the root causes of your addiction are.
During your stay at our alcohol addiction treatment center, you’ll spend a significant amount of your time in therapy. Based on the plan we developed during your intake assessment, we’ll provide a customized plan using a range of therapies to ensure that you’re getting the care you need.
Reach Out to Bonfire Behavioral Health Today
You don’t have to suffer in silence with an alcohol addiction. When you reach out to our addiction treatment center, we will give you the tools and support that you need to take back control of your life. We offer a range of treatment services, including:
- Residential treatment center
- Partial hospitalization treatment program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient treatment program (IOP)
- Outpatient addiction treatment program
- Aftercare program
To learn more about your treatment options, reach out to the alcohol addiction treatment program at Bonfire Behavioral Health today by calling 603.617.4815.