When people think of addiction, most people think about being physically dependent on drugs or alcohol. However, if you are dependent on repeating specific habits, you may be struggling with a process addiction. Process addictions, which some people call behavioral addictions, refer to conditions where you have to engage in the behavior over and over again. Even though you realize it results in negative outcomes, you continue to do it because you feel that you have to. Process addictions can also accompany a range of mental health conditions.
If you’re suffering from the effects of process addictions, it’s critical for you to find treatment as soon as possible. At Bonfire Behavioral Health, we’re proud to provide support for those suffering from behavioral addictions. Seek comprehensive addiction treatment today by calling our team today at 603.617.4815.
What Is Process Addiction Treatment?
People can struggle with process addictions for a wide array of reasons. However, you don’t have to live with these addictions without getting the care and support you need to recover. At Bonfire Behavioral Health, we recognize that addiction is a disease that impacts your brain’s chemistry. It isn’t a result of being weak-willed or immoral. Because it is a disease, just like diabetes or cancer, it is possible to address your addiction and recover from this condition.
When you enroll in our process addiction treatment program in Dover, New Hampshire, our team can provide treatment for a wide array of types of addictions. For instance, we provide process addiction treatment for conditions such as:
- Sex addiction
- Gambling addiction
- Video game addiction
- Shopping addiction
- Food addiction
- Internet addiction
We can provide the support you need to overcome your addiction, regardless of which behavioral pattern you’ve become addicted to, using a wide array of therapies and other support programs.
Therapies We Use in Process Addiction Treatment
When you’re battling a behavioral addiction, you may think that you’re able to stop participating in the behavior on your own. However, that isn’t always a feasible course of action, and if it is, it is not easy to do. Fortunately, our team is by your side to provide you with a comprehensive plan that we design specifically for your needs. We utilize a range of therapeutic options to help you understand why you’ve become addicted to that behavior. Our therapeutic options include:
- Group therapy: No matter what kind of addiction you’re battling, it often feels like you’re alone. Group therapy shows you that other people are going through similar challenges and allows you to solve those challenges.
- Family therapy: In many cases, addiction hurts everyone around you. During family therapy, you work with your family members to heal your relationship and create healthy boundaries.
- Trauma therapy: You may have developed an addiction to deal with stress or a traumatic situation from your past. With trauma therapy, we will help you identify the cause of your trauma and work through those concerns to get relief.
- Forgiveness therapy: Many people become addicted because of past pain or hurt. Forgiveness therapy allows you to address your pain and forgive the person, allowing you to find freedom.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): Cognitive-behavioral therapy gives you the opportunity to identify unhealthy behavior patterns. Once you’ve identified these unhealthy behaviors, you can create healthier coping mechanisms.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): Stress is a major cause of addiction. With the help of dialectical behavior therapy, we’ll give you the opportunity to manage your stress in a healthy way.
Contact Bonfire Behavioral Health for Process Addiction Treatment
Whether you’re suffering from an addiction to substances or process addiction, you don’t have to fight your condition alone. Reach out to Bonfire Behavioral Health today at 603.617.4815 to learn how our team can help you overcome your addiction, allowing you to move into a healthier tomorrow.